The Bil-Jax Pro-Jax Utility Scaffold is a popular choice for various construction and maintenance tasks. However, it's crucial to prioritize safety when using this equipment. Here are some key safety rules and regulations to follow:
- Only competent persons should erect, dismantle, move, or alter the scaffold.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully and ensure all components are secure and in good condition.
- Use only authorized Bil-Jax components designed for the Pro-Jax Utility Scaffold.
Assembly and disassembly:
- Ensure the scaffold is stable on a level and firm surface.
- Use outriggers as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not exceed the maximum load capacity of the scaffold.
- Always use personal fall arrest systems (PFAS) when working on the scaffold, regardless of the height.
- Ensure guardrails and toeboards are properly installed on all open sides and ends of platforms.
- Use the designated stairs or ladders to access the platform.
- Do not climb on guardrails or tie-ins.
- Be aware of your surroundings and avoid overhead hazards.
- Do not overload the platform.
- Use tools and equipment safely and properly.
- Be alert and avoid distractions while working on the scaffold.
OSHA Scaffolding Standards
- The Bil-Jax Pro-Jax Utility Scaffold must comply with all applicable OSHA safety standards, including 29 CFR 1926.451 for scaffolding.
- This includes specific requirements for platform size, guardrail height, load capacity, and fall protection.
Local and state regulations
- Some localities may have additional safety regulations for scaffold use. It's important to be aware of and comply with these regulations.
It's important to note that these are just some of the key Pro-Jax Utility Scaffold safety rules and regulations. Consult the full brochure for specific requirements and details.